Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help Medquist New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Health Issues

Serving Over 20,000 US Medical Transcriptionists


Posted By: Patti on 2006-01-28
In Reply to: Tax Question for ICs- sm - MTME

FICA is figured into your federal taxes --look on your past taxes you will see where your social security is figured.  It all goes to the Federal government. 

Complete Discussion Below: marks the location of current message within thread

The messages you are viewing are archived/old.
To view latest messages and participate in discussions, select the boards given in left menu

Other related messages found in our database

re: paying your FICA,SS etc as SE
I beg to differ with you!  Been with MQ for 17 years, they have always paid my federal & SS...they do not deduct any state taxes for SE's, and this is the only one I've ever had to pay.......never been audited about having to pay part of the above and have professional tax folks do mine, again, think you need to check your facts on this one.
No, SE means you pay part of your FICA and SS and state tax. They do not deduct it all.