Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help Medquist New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Health Issues

Serving Over 20,000 US Medical Transcriptionists

You can usually call an attorney and

Posted By: get a FREE consultation. on 2005-09-21
In Reply to: Any legal eagles here that could help me with a situation? - NOT MT related

But, you do have a receipt and the title. Let the person go ahead and make a fool of himself. You owe him nothing, don't let him bully you.

PS - Am very sorry for your loss.

Complete Discussion Below: marks the location of current message within thread

The messages you are viewing are archived/old.
To view latest messages and participate in discussions, select the boards given in left menu

Other related messages found in our database

Call an attorney, but ....sm
In the state of NC a few years back, one person could not force the other to sell in this situation. I went through something similar with my siblings. I ended up buying their portions.

But, no, at that time and again in my state, you cannot be forced.
I would call a tax attorney/accountant in
She needs to call her State Attorney General's office and the police.
She has been scammed. She'll be lucky if they don't continue drawing off her account or do identity theft since she gave out her private information.
Get an attorney now
Find an attorney that will take your case - then let them write the letter. Just talk to a couple who handle medical malpractice -these are severe medication errors.
got the "phone call" -- get this, MQ has hired a bunch of telemarketers to call all of us to

we received our "incentive packet."  They don't even have the wherewithall to contact us personally.   These are temp-agency hired telemarketers sitting around a boiler room making sure we're reading our mail.... told him it don't pertain to me because I've been demoted from FT to SE.... He said, "yes, the letter is vague, but it does pertain to FT as well as SE...." yeah right, we'll see.

attorney general
good idea.  I have contacted an attorney already (I am a corp by myself so I have access to an attorney) and he states that legally there is nothing right now that I can do. I can possibly sue them later down the road, but they have not done anything illegal. He suggested to try and "sugar" them into paying me.  I will contact the attorney general's office. The company and I are in the same state, so that helps tremendously.
Get an attorney and have them draw one up for you. sm
It costs about $200 and well worth it!
power of attorney
by QA mgr says im supposed to capitalize but i dont agree (so i dont, hehe)
He was my divorce attorney
You get an attorney to type it up...sm

My dad's attorney typed it up for me and I had it notarized and then MAKE TONS OF COPIES because you have to prove you are able to make decisions for your Mom.  I had this power of attorney for 10 years, my dad dying last January. 

I suppose you could get some form.....even probably at Office Depot...I got a living will there, actually a package of them.  It's just more complete to have an attorney do this 2-page paper for you...and not terribly expensive either.

Best of luck to you and your Mom. 

Consult an attorney....
He'll tell you everything you need to know to operate a business, and it will be an hour's worth of money well spent......
You need a good attorney NOW!! My
friend's sister died at the age of 51 because a doctor prescribed birth control pills for the mood swings of menopause without first checking her triglycerides or doing any blood work. Her triglycerides were very elevated, and the addition of the medication caused her pancreas to shut down and she died. There is a big lawsuit on this one, too.
I would get an attorney to fire off a ...

letter.  I have had to do that several times in the past (not MT related), and it is amazing how quickly things are resolved.  It has only cost me $35 to explain the situation to the attorney and have a short letter sent.  I think it would be well worth it in your case...$35 vs. $1300.

Also, be sure to send the letter certified, return receipt requested.  Even though that is only to obtain proof of delivery, there seems to be something "official" about it...and that can't hurt. 

If you hire an attorney (sm)
you an also request reimbursement for your expenses, court costs and attorney fees. I would mention this in my letter to the MTSO also. If this MTSO does this to you I guarantee you are not the only person they are doing it to.

Good luck
I think you should consult an attorney

who specializes in modifications and have them do a forensic audit of your loan.  Are you in one of those toxic arms?   WFB might be forced to modify your loan if attorney discovers any discrepancies.   If you don't want to consult an attorney I would suggest calling the lender and asking to speak to someone in the loss mitigation department.  The regular Joes in customer service aren't qualified to help you.  Be prepared to reference paystub/bill information and spend awhile on the phone.  I wish you well.

Capitalize Power or Attorney or not?

Hmm. Every doc, nurse, attorney, accountant
I know is making WAY good money and none are working at McD's!!! LOL

Husband is a corporate attorney
He makes more than I do - obviously.

We must follow our attorney's advice. (NM)
Still, I say find a good attorney way outside your
Prosecuting attorney's office.

*70 will disable call waiting unless you are expecting a call and want it on (nm)
My husband is an attorney and suggested the same thing to me once.

It definitely sounds more promising than MT but it does also sound like you'd be back to Square One with training/schooling.

It may be well worth it.

Best of luck whatever you decide!
Cool! My DS has a BS in criminal justice and my DH is an attorney!
contact the attorney general for their state
and never let them get away with that.

this business gets worse every day. it is really a shame, but soon it will be even worse! it gets worse seriously, every single day. Years ago this was decent and every single year I face more BS and hear more BS. We need a frigging revolution. FAce it...! India cannot make it w/o our editing skills. They stink at this typing. We need to unite but probably wouldn't get the cooperation.

How do you get a free attorney if you are solvent and working? SM
Even if you have stuff like a nice car, a nice home, charge cards that you pay for every month, you still may not have money for a lawyer. Never mind about irresponsibility living too close to the edge. A lot of us do that.
I agree, she should discuss it with her attorney but personally,
I would wait until the final papers are signed before I bought another house.
Go into coding more ## or the legal end of the medical for an attorney
Used TurboTax & Hubby said go to our tax attorney just to be sure u got everything back you could he
Try calling attorney general for your state....
File a complaint with the attorney general
Any way you can consult with an attorney? Ticket Clnic type? That is
Does anyone about durable power of attorney in the State of Florida?
I have my elderly mother in the hospital now and the question has come up about being a legal medical power of attorney. Do I need to go to an attorney for this or is there a place where I can download a free form and then have it signed by her and notarized. When my father was diagnosed with terminal cancer, we basically had a family conference with the physicians involved and social services and the decision was made conjointly for hospice and comfort measures only. He had not left any advanced directives, living will, or medical power of attorney, so I wonder about all of this. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
You need to consult a bankruptcy attorney on that one. Good luck...

I'd still hire an attorney, especially if the blame game is involved.
If either or both parties are getting nasty, it's best to go by the book and make sure all your T's are crossed and all your I's are dotted. Can't do it on your own if there is any anymosity involved.
Hire an attorney & have the atty write a letter

that if you do not receive pay by (the date), you will file a lien on her business and her house, and may take her to Judge Judy    I guarantee you will get your money faster than going to small claims court, spending less time going to court, etc.

If an attorney knew his client had cancer, would he keep his mouth shut? SM......
You are a professional. Regardless of the patient's name, you are to keep everything confidential.  The only reason I would say for you to give it to someone else is if you can't keep your mouth shut, but having already heard the name, the damage is already done.  Don't make a big deal out of it.  The first thing you should have learned in MT training was EVERYTHING IS CONFIDENTIAL, PERIOD, so what's the big deal?
I had a local weight loss clinic not pay and finally had to get an attorney. sm
Had to pay the attorney so lost some.  By that time, I was so angry, it had become a matter of principle and was determined to make them pay.
My attorney tells me "A contract is only as good as the two people who sign it." nm
Sorry. Not sure what happened to the rest of my post - supposed to say BBB and District Attorney -
Office for nonpayment by an MTSO.  I live in a different state.  The amount is also less than $100.  Thanks. 
The problem is getting an attorney to represent these poor folks that are owed money.
Knowing etranz, they'll just file bankruptcy.
I'd hire an attorney and do a quickie divorce. They're cheap and well worth it.
If it's uncontested the attorney can help you amicably sort through what needs to be split and do it fairly and according to the laws of your state. This will avoid potential problems later.
Will filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and District Attorney do me any good if a sm
I live in a different state than her.  Also the amount is less than $100.  Thanks.
On-call requires on-call compensation by law
This field gets more disgustingly grotesque daily.
Talk to an attorney. The bankruptcy laws have changed considerably in recent years and you need to s
File complaints with the Federal Trade Commission, your state attorney general, and the SM

state attorney general for the state The VLC is located in.  I happened to check it out and they have offices in Niagara Falls, NY and in Ontario.  Be sure to forward copies of every thing your file to them.  You can fill online complaint forms at the FTC website and the NY Attorney General's website.  Print out copies of these forms and mail copies of them after you fill them out to the school with a letter basically stating that you have reported them to these agencies and they will be intervening for you on this matter.

I also like the idea of putting cc's on your correspondence to a local news reporter.  And call them every single day until they are tired of hearing from you!

Good Luck!

Call me, call me anytime.
I'm waiting to hear back on a job.  Call me!
Call KS and call your bank. Why ask here?
If they don't call you within 15 minutes, you should call them. There
is no excuse for leaving you sitting by a phone all day. At the very least, an e-mail explaining why the delay. If this is the way they train, how do they pay. Do you really want to work for a company who thinks so little of your time?
Call the doc and get an Rx....sm
My 3 kids had hand, foot, and mouth disease and the lesions in their mouths was just awful!! When they got chicken pox about a year after that one of my kids had them in her mouth and the doctor prescribed the same mouth rinse. They swished it around and spit it out and they stayed numb for hours! They finally got rest that way and so did I!! Go luck to you and hope all is well soon.!
you may need to call the doc (sm)
cause when I had the chicken pox, the same think happened to me and they did spread to my throat and became infected.  I had to take antibiotics...I remember so well cause I was 13 YO when I had them.  Also, it is Maalox and Benadryl, and viscus lidocaine, but I think that is Rx only.  I'd call the doc if it were my child.   give them a hug for me, I know how they feel!