Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help Medquist New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Health Issues

Serving Over 20,000 US Medical Transcriptionists

attorney general

Posted By: dls on 2005-07-07
In Reply to: send a certified letter - quick help

good idea.  I have contacted an attorney already (I am a corp by myself so I have access to an attorney) and he states that legally there is nothing right now that I can do. I can possibly sue them later down the road, but they have not done anything illegal. He suggested to try and "sugar" them into paying me.  I will contact the attorney general's office. The company and I are in the same state, so that helps tremendously.

Complete Discussion Below: marks the location of current message within thread

    The messages you are viewing are archived/old.
    To view latest messages and participate in discussions, select the boards given in left menu

    Other related messages found in our database

    contact the attorney general for their state
    and never let them get away with that.

    this business gets worse every day. it is really a shame, but soon it will be even worse! it gets worse seriously, every single day. Years ago this was decent and every single year I face more BS and hear more BS. We need a frigging revolution. FAce it...! India cannot make it w/o our editing skills. They stink at this typing. We need to unite but probably wouldn't get the cooperation.

    Try calling attorney general for your state....
    File a complaint with the attorney general
    She needs to call her State Attorney General's office and the police.
    She has been scammed. She'll be lucky if they don't continue drawing off her account or do identity theft since she gave out her private information.
    File complaints with the Federal Trade Commission, your state attorney general, and the SM

    state attorney general for the state The VLC is located in.  I happened to check it out and they have offices in Niagara Falls, NY and in Ontario.  Be sure to forward copies of every thing your file to them.  You can fill online complaint forms at the FTC website and the NY Attorney General's website.  Print out copies of these forms and mail copies of them after you fill them out to the school with a letter basically stating that you have reported them to these agencies and they will be intervening for you on this matter.

    I also like the idea of putting cc's on your correspondence to a local news reporter.  And call them every single day until they are tired of hearing from you!

    Good Luck!

    Get an attorney now
    Find an attorney that will take your case - then let them write the letter. Just talk to a couple who handle medical malpractice -these are severe medication errors.
    Get an attorney and have them draw one up for you. sm
    It costs about $200 and well worth it!
    You can usually call an attorney and
    But, you do have a receipt and the title. Let the person go ahead and make a fool of himself. You owe him nothing, don't let him bully you.

    PS - Am very sorry for your loss.
    power of attorney
    by QA mgr says im supposed to capitalize but i dont agree (so i dont, hehe)
    He was my divorce attorney
    Call an attorney, but ....sm
    In the state of NC a few years back, one person could not force the other to sell in this situation. I went through something similar with my siblings. I ended up buying their portions.

    But, no, at that time and again in my state, you cannot be forced.
    You get an attorney to type it up...sm

    My dad's attorney typed it up for me and I had it notarized and then MAKE TONS OF COPIES because you have to prove you are able to make decisions for your Mom.  I had this power of attorney for 10 years, my dad dying last January. 

    I suppose you could get some form.....even probably at Office Depot...I got a living will there, actually a package of them.  It's just more complete to have an attorney do this 2-page paper for you...and not terribly expensive either.

    Best of luck to you and your Mom. 

    Consult an attorney....
    He'll tell you everything you need to know to operate a business, and it will be an hour's worth of money well spent......
    You need a good attorney NOW!! My
    friend's sister died at the age of 51 because a doctor prescribed birth control pills for the mood swings of menopause without first checking her triglycerides or doing any blood work. Her triglycerides were very elevated, and the addition of the medication caused her pancreas to shut down and she died. There is a big lawsuit on this one, too.
    I would get an attorney to fire off a ...

    letter.  I have had to do that several times in the past (not MT related), and it is amazing how quickly things are resolved.  It has only cost me $35 to explain the situation to the attorney and have a short letter sent.  I think it would be well worth it in your case...$35 vs. $1300.

    Also, be sure to send the letter certified, return receipt requested.  Even though that is only to obtain proof of delivery, there seems to be something "official" about it...and that can't hurt. 

    If you hire an attorney (sm)
    you an also request reimbursement for your expenses, court costs and attorney fees. I would mention this in my letter to the MTSO also. If this MTSO does this to you I guarantee you are not the only person they are doing it to.

    Good luck
    I think you should consult an attorney

    who specializes in modifications and have them do a forensic audit of your loan.  Are you in one of those toxic arms?   WFB might be forced to modify your loan if attorney discovers any discrepancies.   If you don't want to consult an attorney I would suggest calling the lender and asking to speak to someone in the loss mitigation department.  The regular Joes in customer service aren't qualified to help you.  Be prepared to reference paystub/bill information and spend awhile on the phone.  I wish you well.

    Capitalize Power or Attorney or not?

    Hmm. Every doc, nurse, attorney, accountant
    I know is making WAY good money and none are working at McD's!!! LOL

    Husband is a corporate attorney
    He makes more than I do - obviously.

    We must follow our attorney's advice. (NM)
    Still, I say find a good attorney way outside your
    Prosecuting attorney's office.

    I would call a tax attorney/accountant in
    My husband is an attorney and suggested the same thing to me once.

    It definitely sounds more promising than MT but it does also sound like you'd be back to Square One with training/schooling.

    It may be well worth it.

    Best of luck whatever you decide!
    Cool! My DS has a BS in criminal justice and my DH is an attorney!
    How do you get a free attorney if you are solvent and working? SM
    Even if you have stuff like a nice car, a nice home, charge cards that you pay for every month, you still may not have money for a lawyer. Never mind about irresponsibility living too close to the edge. A lot of us do that.
    I agree, she should discuss it with her attorney but personally,
    I would wait until the final papers are signed before I bought another house.
    Go into coding more ## or the legal end of the medical for an attorney
    Used TurboTax & Hubby said go to our tax attorney just to be sure u got everything back you could he
    Any way you can consult with an attorney? Ticket Clnic type? That is
    Does anyone about durable power of attorney in the State of Florida?
    I have my elderly mother in the hospital now and the question has come up about being a legal medical power of attorney. Do I need to go to an attorney for this or is there a place where I can download a free form and then have it signed by her and notarized. When my father was diagnosed with terminal cancer, we basically had a family conference with the physicians involved and social services and the decision was made conjointly for hospice and comfort measures only. He had not left any advanced directives, living will, or medical power of attorney, so I wonder about all of this. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    You need to consult a bankruptcy attorney on that one. Good luck...

    I'd still hire an attorney, especially if the blame game is involved.
    If either or both parties are getting nasty, it's best to go by the book and make sure all your T's are crossed and all your I's are dotted. Can't do it on your own if there is any anymosity involved.
    Hire an attorney & have the atty write a letter

    that if you do not receive pay by (the date), you will file a lien on her business and her house, and may take her to Judge Judy    I guarantee you will get your money faster than going to small claims court, spending less time going to court, etc.

    If an attorney knew his client had cancer, would he keep his mouth shut? SM......
    You are a professional. Regardless of the patient's name, you are to keep everything confidential.  The only reason I would say for you to give it to someone else is if you can't keep your mouth shut, but having already heard the name, the damage is already done.  Don't make a big deal out of it.  The first thing you should have learned in MT training was EVERYTHING IS CONFIDENTIAL, PERIOD, so what's the big deal?
    I had a local weight loss clinic not pay and finally had to get an attorney. sm
    Had to pay the attorney so lost some.  By that time, I was so angry, it had become a matter of principle and was determined to make them pay.
    My attorney tells me "A contract is only as good as the two people who sign it." nm
    Sorry. Not sure what happened to the rest of my post - supposed to say BBB and District Attorney -
    Office for nonpayment by an MTSO.  I live in a different state.  The amount is also less than $100.  Thanks. 
    In general
    All caps and no abbreviations.  Headings for PE and ROS underneath.  Account specifics may differ.
    In General....

    An employer cannot set a specific schedule for an IC. This link addresses the issue here :


    An excerpt fron the site above notes :

    "According to the IRS, workers are employees if they must comply with the employer's instructions about their work, receive training or direction from the employer, provide services that integrate into the employer's business, render their services personally (can't subcontract), have a continuing working relationship with the employer, must follow set hours of work, work full-time for the employer..."

     As is noted in the site linked above , the consequences for the employer are quite severe if the IRS determines that the company actually was treating you as an employee rather than an IC.


    In general,
    in a given occupational group the upward pressure that unions place on wages and benefits has the net effect of raising the income and standard of living of poor folk up to the level of middle class folk while the absence of unions tends to drag the income and standard of living of middle class folk down to the level of poor folk. That upward pressure on wages and benefits not only helps union members but everybody else working in that occupational group. Without the organized upward pressure, wages will sink like a rock.

    The problem is getting an attorney to represent these poor folks that are owed money.
    Knowing etranz, they'll just file bankruptcy.
    I'd hire an attorney and do a quickie divorce. They're cheap and well worth it.
    If it's uncontested the attorney can help you amicably sort through what needs to be split and do it fairly and according to the laws of your state. This will avoid potential problems later.
    Will filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and District Attorney do me any good if a sm
    I live in a different state than her.  Also the amount is less than $100.  Thanks.
    Go to Dollar General. sm
    I'm amazed what i can find there for $1. You never know what you're going to find, but cleaning supplies, household stuff, things that are definitely more than $1 even at Wal-Mart...as long as you're willing to not be picky. When the hurricanes were looming, I got mutli pack of name -brand batteries for $1, tons of candles, etc. You just have to search the whole store, but definitely worth it.
    MT and medicine in general

    The greedy guts smelled the ability to MAKE A PROFIT in the field of medicine

    and "there went the neighborhood."

    It used to be a sign of respect to be a doctor - now they just work for the company store and are running out the door with the nurses at quitting time - throwing any patient they may be seeing to the winds.  One even told me to hurry up and make up my mind because she had to go pick up her kids at daycare!

    And so has medical transcription - some guy in a tie said QUANTITY OF LINES COULD = MUCHO PROFIT...

    Of course those people don't care if a few people die along the way because of errors. - well not at least until it's their leg that's amputated by mistake.


    Is that the one for a general transcriptionist?
    In general no, but your client may need you to
    dogs in general
    As a pet owner, I can understand the devestating feelings that you have regarding the horrible death of your dog/child. (I say child because my 2-year-old Weimaraner is like one of my kids) Please remember that any dog can be made to be vicious, there are no vicious dogs by nature. Dogs are a direct result of the environment that they live in and if they are mistreated then they are going to be mean and unsafe. My brother had what is called a Mastif bulldog and it was the biggest baby I have ever see at 100 pounds. Neighbors were okay with this dog in the neighborhood (all their kids loved him) until a picture of his breed was put on the cover of Time magazine. In this picture, the dog was snarling and looked very vicous. My brother ended up having to get rid of the dog because so many people were then afraid, even though before they loved the animal before. There is "prejudice" when it comes to dogs, just as there is "prejudice" when it comes to people.
    too general a question - please be.....nm